- Compared with a (dare we say) more standard type of team development event, Musikcool offers several advantages:
- 2. It provides huge quantities of behavioural information in a very short space of time. A one day Musikscool event, we suggest, gives as much data as you would get from 3 days in a more standardised format.
3. People will remember it (for many years), because it is so different. Play a bar or two from one of the tracks and they are back in the recordng studio! We are stimulating the emotional and creative side of their brain, which is where long term memory sits.
- 4. Because it provides a common purpose (ie the charity), it pulls teams together in a different way. They will see the team operating at a new level. This provides new insight into what the team is truly capable of – an inspiring moment for everyone.
5. It’s an emotional roller coaster, and people feel as they they have come through it collectively. This creates what we call “emotional glue” – new levels of trust, openness, authenticity. It helps people to create new relationships which will transfer back to the workplace.
6. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the event is not a simulation: it is real, and makes a real and permanent difference to peoples’ lives. It is worth doing, and this raises the stakes, the commitent, and ultimately the power of the learning.